Mass Coordinators/Mass Captains
Role of the MASS COORDINATOR
Participation in the Mass through service during the Mass brings us closer to the Table of the Lord. Mass Coordinators serve the “servants of the Lord” by assuring that all the liturgical ministers are ready for the start of Mass.
1. Arrive early & act as the lead for all Mass liturgical ministers
2. Fill all positions before the processional begins; find subs if necessary
3. Orient visiting priest
4. Assist Sacristan in purification of Sacred Vessels
5. Report to parish office any information from the Mass (including scheduling info)
1. A pastoral presence
2. Understanding of all liturgical ministries
4. Wilingness to "serve"
5. Recruitment of new ministers
Benefits in serving
For the volunteer: The joy of understanding the process and procedures of the Sunday Mass and pleasure of serving others
For the community: Experiencing liturgy without distractions